Monday 16 March 2015

My Victorian Hairstyle




Common features in Victorian hairstyles were curls and middle partings so I decided to create a hairstyle that included both of these elements .. 
I began by creating a middle parting through the hair, down to the nape of the neck, I then seperated approx. two inches of hair on either side of the front of the hair and pinned them to separate it from the rest of the hair.
I then split the hair into smaller sections and curled the hair, working my way up from the bottom layer of hair up to the top of the head.
I then combed the hair from the roots towards the centre of the back of the head and pinned otto create the curly section of hair at the back of the head and the smooth sections from the roots towards the back.
Finally I took the front sections of the hair that I previously separated from the rest of the hair and twisted tightly and pulled it round so it fell loosely over the ears (another element common in Victorian hairstyles) and pinned it into the curls at the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment