Saturday 25 April 2015

Estella Ideas

For my first idea for my Estella character I wanted to keep her look angelic and innocent as if she has been left untouched by life and free from any harm so that her appearance and her personality are a complete contrast. For this I would have her face relatively pale with flawless skin, I also want to use makeup in colours that are natural and feminine so I would have her eyes and lips a peach colour and a small amount of brown just highlighting her cheeks to give her face some shape. When I imagine the face with this kind of make-up I also imagine ginger hair as I feel this would compliment all these colours and would also make Estella stand out from your typical brunette or blonde girl as ginger hair is rarer. To accentuate her angelic appearance as well as the colour of her hair I would have the hair curled into ringlets with two small plaits either side of her head from near her temples around to the back of her head, this would keep the hair off her face as well as reinforce her girly appearance.

For my second idea for the portrayal of Estella I was thinking of doing her makeup dark to match the personality Miss Havisham has manipulated her into having. For this I would use a colour scheme of dark purples, greys and blacks. I would still make her skin relatively pale but I would make up her eyes into a smoky black look with eyeliner and mascara on her lashes. I would pair this with dark contouring around her nose and cheekbones to define her face more and dark purple lips. I would then have her hair loosely curled with a side parting so the hair hung loose and shaped her face, preferably I would like the hair to be a dark brown or black for this idea. This kind of look would be controversial of the era that Great Expectations was set in as heavy makeup was often associated with prostitutes, however this type of look would also make Estella stand out from other girls her own age, again leading the opposite sex to be intrigued and show a great deal of interest in her and the danger she possesses.

For my third, and final idea for Estella's character I was thinking of creating quite an ordinary look for her so she's more intriguing to the audience as she appears normal but her behaviour and her living arrangements are from from that. For this I would still create flawless skin but focus less on how pale she is, making her more of a natural skin tone. I would then use a small amount of pink to accentuate her eyes and then a light pink lip colour with some gloss or vaseline on top to make them shiny and irresistible. I would then use a light blusher to give her rosy cheeks. For her hair I would like to use either a blonde or light brown haired model with quite long hair so I could then pull the hair up into a perfectly neat ponytail and then curl the ponytail in to just one single curl/ringlet, for extra effect I would tie a pink ribbon around the ponytail. I do like the idea of this perception for Estella's character but my only concern is that it's not challenging enough, the idea is quite basic and doesn't have any elements that are pushing me out of my comfort zone regarding the look itself or even the timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment