Sunday 26 April 2015

In the Flesh


I have chosen ‘In the Flesh’ as my TV series for Claudia & Quentin as when I carried out my research on the various TV programs that were  available this one appealed to me the most as straight away I began to come up with ideas for the characters of Claudia and Quentin. I found the whole concept of series intriguing and interesting and felt it would allow me to create the perfect back-story for the characters.

The series was set in  a fictional town called ‘Roarton’ in the north-west of England in Lancashire (however it was filmed in Yorkshire). The general demographic for the ‘In the Flesh’ series are those between the ages of 15 and 23. However there is also a smaller demographic for homosexuality. The main character Kieran has a romantic relationship with Rick an ex-soldier and they face having to hide the relationship they previously had before ‘the rise’ which sympathises with a common issue the homosexual community still have to deal with in todays society.
The series also makes reference to the Christian beliefs, the character of Vicar Oddie tells the character of Bill Macy that there will be a second rising and only those God deems to be ‘good’ will rise again. Bill’s belief was so strong that it resulted in him murdering his only son who had come back in the first rising as he was sure he would come back pure.


No comments:

Post a Comment